Otorhinolaryngology (Ear Nose Throat) Department deals with diagnosis and treatment of diseases that occur in external acoustic canal, middle ear, tympanic membrane, nose, throat, vocal cords, upper part of oesophagus and facial nerves as well as pathologies located between inner ear canal and brain.
Diseases of nasal cavity and sinus, allergies, disorders of adenoid tissue and tonsils, smelling disorders, problems of nasal breathing, hearing and balance problems due to ear and/or internal acoustic canal, infections, diseases of vocal cords and larynx, certain speech and voice problems, problems in upper part of esophagus, problems of swallowing and breathing, oncologic diseases of this body part fall into group of diseases dealth by otorhinolaryngology clinic.
ENT disease may cause a very wide range of signs and symptoms. Among them are;
- Burn, itching and watering of eyes
- Runny nose, itching
- Ear ache (otalgia).
- Tinnitus, noise in ear
- Hearing loss
- Discharge from ears
- Sore throat
- Loss of voice
- Jaw pain
- Severe snoring that frequently wakes up the patient
It is appropriate to see an otorhinolaryngologist, if you recognize any one of above written conditions.
Our team of physicians at otorhinolaryngology department of our hospital renders healthcare services at international standards and nasal endoscopy, endoscopy and microscopic otoscopy and videoaryngoscopy (for disorders of larynx and voice) are used in routine ENT examinations.
Also, pure tone and speech audiometry, acoustic reflex measurement, acoustic and static impedance measurements, brain stem evoked response audiometry (BERA) and neonatal hearing screening (otoacoustic emission - OAE) are performed at Audiology and Neurolotogy Laboratory to evaluate all hearing disorders.
All medical and surgical treatments are planned and carried out in the light of science-based medicine. These treatments include but are not limited to:
- Functional nasal surgeries (Rhinoplasty, Septorhinoplasty, SRP)
- Septal Reconstruction (Septoplasty, SMR).
- Thermal welding for adenoid and tonsillar hypertrophy, placement of tube into ear
- Tonsillectomy, placement of ventilation tube)
- Snoring, Sleep Apnea Surgery (UPPP)
- Radiofrequency reduction of hypertrophic nasal turbinates
- Radiofrequency for soft palate
- Removal of small facial lesions with radiofrequency
- Functional Endoscopic Sinus Surgery (FESS)
- Biopsy and surgery for vocal cord nodules, cysts and polyps (Laryngoscopy, MLS)
- Laryngectomy, Cervical Dissection
- Tympanoplasty (repair of tympanic membrane)
- Visualization of middle ear and ossicles, prosthesis (explorative tympanotomy, Stapedectomy)
- Middle ear surgery (mastoidectomy, Tympano-mastoidectomy)
- Submandibular gland surgery (submandibular gland excision)
- Excision of benign or malignant facial and cervical mass lesions and cosmetic repair
- Repair of mandibular and maxillary fracture
In addition, treatments for pediatric breathing difficulties, snoring, frequent infections and adenoid and tonsil problems that cause hearing loss and allergies are carried out in collaboration with pediatrics department of our hospital.
Recently, significant advancements are made in treatment of these diseases, for which difficulties are faced in diagnosis and treatment for a long time. Tonsillectomy and adenoidectomy are performed using a new method, called thermal welding. Patients presenting with this complaint are treated in the light of all advancements both in rehabilitation and surgical treatment.