Spiritual and moral issues faced by children and adolescents (age range: 0-18 years) are diagnosed, rehabilitated and followed up at Child and Adolescent Psychiatry Clinic. A Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist is employed at our healthcare facility.
- Attention deficit and hyperactivity
- Behavioral Disorder
- Oppositional Defiant Behavior
- Autism and Other Common Developmental Disorders
- Mental Retardation
- Developmental Disorders of Speech and Language (Stuttering, Phonologic Disorder and others)
- Learning Difficulties
- Enuresis and Encopresis (Urinary and Fecal incontinence)
- Tic Disorders
- Depression and Other Mood Disorders
- Generalized Anxiety Disorder
- Obsessive & compulsive disorder
- Selective Mutism
- Separation Anxiety Disorder
- Panic disorder
- Social Phobia and Specific Phobias
- Sleep Disorders
- Adjustment Disorder
- Eating Disorders
- Somatoform Disorders
- Pediatric Schizophrenia
- Sexual Identity Disorders
- You can also present to our clinic if you seek guidance for various important life events such as divorce, adoption, death of a family member or chronic diseases.
After the primary condition is detected with detailed psychiatric examination and psychological evaluation in our outpatient clinic, rehabilitation is designed to solve the problem.
TESTS USED IN CHILD AND ADOLESCENT PSYCHIATRY.
- Intelligence Tests
- Developmental Tests
- Neuropsychological Tests
- Projective Tests
Psychiatric diagnosis is not established through tests. Above mentioned tests are used to support the diagnosis established by the physician in the light of examination, discover the unique stronger or weaker sides of the child or adolescent, plan the rehabilitation in this end and assess patient’s response to rehabilitation process. Detecting the weaker sides of children with attention deficit, hyperactivity disorder and specific learning difficulties compared to their peers, improving thereof and attaching special emphasis to the stronger sides in order to help the child be more active in learning are especially important for rehabilitation process. Instead of planning a personalized education program for such patients; a neuropsychological assessment, which includes intelligence tests and neuropsychological tests, may be the only thing needed for many cases.
TREATMENTS AVAILABLE AT OUR CLINIC
- Psychopharmacotherapy (Medication Treatment)
- Personal Psychotherapy (Child or Adolescent)
- Play Therapy
- Family Therapy
- Family Counseling